- Laying of bricks and stones
- Use of mortar
- Mixing and laying of adobe and concrete
- Types of construction (e.g., foundations, floors, walls)
- Sructural principles (e.g., arch, dome)
- Use of special implements and apparatus (e.g., trowel, hod, cement mixer)
- Specialized personnel and organization; etc.
- Stone industry 324
- Tools 413
- Brick and cement manufacture 339
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.