- Manufacture of pottery and glass
- Preliminary processing of materials (e.g., cleaning, mixing)
- Shaping (e.g., modeling, use of molds, coiling, blowing)
- Special apparatus (e.g., potter's wheels, kilns)
- Methods of decoration (e.g., glazing, painting, incising)
- Ceramic products not elsewhere described
- Specialization (e.g., potters, glass blowers)
- Industrially elaborated ceramic manufactures (e.g., bottle making, porcelain manufacture); etc.
- Acquisition of raw materials 317
- Utensils 415
- Brick manufacture 339
- Optical instruments 416
- Interior decorating 363
- Decorative designs and motifs 531
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.