- Types of cordage made (e.g., thread, yarn, string, rope)
- Materials used (e.g., bast fiber, cotton, wool, silk, sinew, hair)
- Preparation of materials (e.g., soaking, retting)
- Techniques of manufacture (e.g., twisting, spinning, braiding)
- Special apparatus (e.g., spindle, spinning wheel)
- Specialized personnel and organization; etc.
- Industrialized manufacture of cordage 288
- Nautical rigging 501
- Sewing 294
- String figures 524
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.