- Staple and other foods consumed
- Seasonal changes in diet
- Proportion of various foods in diet; group differences in diet (e.g., by age, sex, social class)
- Discriminations between edible and harmful foods
- Food preferences and avoidances
- Food taboos, etc.
- Food processing 25
- Nutritional balance 116
- Standard of living 511
- Religious taboos 784
- Food taboos during pregnancy 843
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.