- Ideas about food and ingestion
- Eating sparingly or to excess
- Attitudes toward wasting food
- Special adjustments to hunger or famine
- Cultural elaboration of food appetites (e.g., geophagy, gum chewing, epicures); etc.
- Famine relief 731
- Food craving during pregnancy 843
- Religious fasting 785
- Infant feeding 853
- Theory of digestion 827
- Food training of children 862
- Conception of the hunger drive 828
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.