- Species sought (e.g., fish, shellfish)
- Gathering of marine fauna
- Fishing methods and techniques (e.g., hook and line, nets, poison)
- Description and use of traps and weirs
- Special elaborations (e.g., fishing for sport)
- Economic importance of fishing organization of labor and division of catch
- Associated beliefs and practices
- Fishing for sport
- Regulation (e.g., licenses); etc.
- Native fauna 136
- Net manufacture 286
- Manufacture of poisons 278
- Boats 501
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.