- Changes in fundamental underlying conditions
- Linear trends (e.g., cultural drift)
- Cyclical trends (e.g., fashions and vogues)
- Dynamic processes (e.g., integration, selective elimination, cultural evolution)
- Evidence of cultural lag
- Evidence of cultural continuity or stability, etc.
- Demographic trends 161
- Linguistic drift 197
- Clothing fashions 291
- Trends in urban development 369
- Political movements 668
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.