- Methods of selecting informants or subjects (e.g., sampling)
- Use and selection of interpreters
- Methods of checking and rewarding informants and interpreters
- Group interviewing
- Methods of interviewing (e.g., question and answer, nondirective, use of topical outlines)
- Special techniques (e.g., life history, genealogical, event centered)
- Use of documents prepared by informants, etc.
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.