- Name of the society or cultural group
- Alternative names bestowed by selves and others
- Meanings of names
- Location of group with reference to comparable and larger groups
- Names given by selves to other groups
- Affiliation with a culture area or subarea
- Period as of which the culture is described, and its relationship to other time periods
- Local and temporal subdivisions employed in the classification of data
- Specification of date locale of field study; etc.
- Territorial organization 63
- Location 131
- Cultural distributions 171
- Intracultural differences 184
- Linguistic relationships 197
- Ethnic stratification 563
Outline of Cultural Materials. George P. Murdock, et al., eds. New Haven, Conn. Human Relations Area Files, Inc. 1961. xxv, 164 p.